Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spring Trends I'm Looking Forward to

Since the success with my bodice sloper and my rub off jeans I've been feeling more confident in my skill. It has me tackling projects a little more fearlessly (jeans) and that makes me feel so good. With the groundhog predicting an early Spring here in the Northeast I'm so looking forward to making garments to greet the warmer weather. Below are some of the Spring/Summer trends I'm chomping at the bit to add to my wardrobe:
What I'm loving for Spring
 
  1. Ethnic print romper - This hits two trends I'm really loving.  I've been wanting a romper since last summer and I'm really loving the ethnic print garments hitting stores.  I have the perfect fabric for the romper above.
  2. Peplum top - I've been meaning to jump on this bandwagon for awhile.  This past Summer I even traced out the popular Simplicity top making its rounds in the sewing world.  I'm glad I waited because I think piping will really make my top pop.  I plan on making a top similar to this.
  3. Tuxedo Blazer - I think I may have been ahead of the trend on this one.  I've been wanting a Tuxedo blazer ever since I bought a beautiful piece of painted cotton sateen last summer but unable to to find just the right pattern.  Maybe if I practice enough I'll be able to draft my own similar to this one.  We'll see.
  4. Pencil Skirt - What can I say.  You can never have too many.  I want to make few in lighter more Spring/Summer colors.  Especially now that I have a TNT pencil skirt pattern.
  5. Floral Jeans - I have a beautiful piece of floral twill in my stash that is begging to be a pair of jeans.  I'm going to use the pattern I created using the rub off method to make a pair.
  6. Feminine Blouses - I think feminine blouses in luxuriously drapey fabric are the perfect compliment to the floral denim trend.  I'm actually in the processing of doing a rub off on a blouse that I own.  If it's a success it will definitely be a TNT for a multitude of other blouses.
  7. Printed Trench - I think these come into fashion every season, but I've never owned a printed one.  I have a red trench that I purchased years ago that I love and wear to death in Spring and Fall.  The cut, the fit, the style is just really flattering on me.  I have a pretty cotton sateen in my stash that's dying to be that jacket.  Another rub off in making. lololol
What Spring trends are you planning to add to your wardrobe?

OMG, you really need to check out this guy.  Chris White.  I discovered him a few days ago while surfing Youtube.  He does time lapse fashion tutorials where he shows you the design process.  The sketching, the draping, the pattermking from your drape, cutting and putting it all together.  All from his home.  The first video I saw was his interpretation of a boyfriend blazer.  Stunned.

Until Later, Happy Sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lashell! I came over from your comment on my blog!

    Wow - I checked out Chris White. Incredible! I LOVE how he uses his finger joints for measuring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I know this guy is amazing! I found another amazing person over the weekend.

      Delete
  2. Tuxedo blaaaazer!! I love it, but I think I need to get a bit more skilled before I can tackle this one. You've got great style lady, I like all these trends. Call me crazy but I want to make some fluero pieces and team them with neutrals e.g. fluero yellow skirt with canvas linen boyfriend button up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amy, thanks for the compliment. Burda just published a boyfriend jacket pattern, they must have heard my call. lol I love the whole girl meet boy look too bad I'm not built to carry it off.

      Delete

Hello!

powered by home study courses guide.