Saturday, March 23, 2013

Made but Not Shown

I finally broke out of my rut of laziness and decided to show off all the items I've made that I've been too lazy to take pics of myself in.  First up.  Attack of my clones.

Using the book, Patternmaking for the Perfect Fit, I recreated these skinny jeans and this blouse.



I made both pieces using fabric from my stash, I'm on a quest to use up as much of my stash as possible.  The jeans are a clone of a pair of JCP for JC Penney's cords that I love the fit of.  They are made from some crinkle denim that I've had for awhile.  I made some mods to the pattern which made the fit not as great as I wanted, but better than any fitted pant I've tried to make from a purchased pattern, the manufacturer already did all the work for me.   I'm going to remove the mods from the pattern and try again to see if I can get the fit I want.  All in all I'm pretty happy with them.



The top is made from a poly crepe, at least I think it's poly, that was sent to me by accident.  I've never used this type of fabric before, but let me tell you, I'm in love. I will definitely be using this type of fabric again.  It cut and sewed up like a dream and I love the drape. I am so happy with the way this blouse came out.  It's a clone of a Liz Claiborne for JC Penney's top that I like the style of.   It came out and fit exactly like I wanted.  This is also the first time I've drafted and sewn a hidden button placket, thank you Patternmaking for Fashion Design.  I plan on making more of these.  Even though both pieces were made to be wearable muslin I see myself wearing both pieces quite often.

Next up, a jacket that I actually finished in October.  



I wanted a sporty blazer and this is what I envisioned.  I made this blazer using NL6610.  It was pretty simple to modify and I was really happy with the finished results.



Once again I used fabric from my stash and a zipper with metal teeth.  When I came across this fabric I knew it would be perfect.  It has this real pretty faux basket weave effect that gives the jacket nice texture.




I lined it with some pretty polka dot satin charmeuse fabric, once again from my stash.  I'm not really happy with the way I set in the lining and have every intention on fixing it.  I've worn this blazer several times since I made this.  This jacket will take me right into spring.



Last but not least, a plaid blouse I made over the Thanksgiving holiday using Burda 5/2007.  



I made a few mods to the pattern like adding bust darts and long sleeves. This was a gaggle of first for me.  The first time I've ever done a collar with collar stand and a placket sleeve.  The thing I'm most proud of with this top is how well I matched up my plaids.

My next project is a self drafted blouse using my bodice pattern blocks and cloning my favorite trench coat.

Until Later, Happy Sewing!!

6 comments:

  1. Lashell, these garments are all so beautiful! I'm so impressed with those pants - I can't believe it's a rub-off! And the jacket! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail! I'm already thinking about all the other stuff in my closet I want to clone.

      Delete
  2. I really like this jacket on you. The fabric is great too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

powered by home study courses guide.