Using the book, Patternmaking for the Perfect Fit, I recreated these skinny jeans and this blouse.
I made both pieces using fabric from my stash, I'm on a quest to use up as much of my stash as possible. The jeans are a clone of a pair of JCP for JC Penney's cords that I love the fit of. They are made from some crinkle denim that I've had for awhile. I made some mods to the pattern which made the fit not as great as I wanted, but better than any fitted pant I've tried to make from a purchased pattern, the manufacturer already did all the work for me. I'm going to remove the mods from the pattern and try again to see if I can get the fit I want. All in all I'm pretty happy with them.
The top is made from a poly crepe, at least I think it's poly, that was sent to me by accident. I've never used this type of fabric before, but let me tell you, I'm in love. I will definitely be using this type of fabric again. It cut and sewed up like a dream and I love the drape. I am so happy with the way this blouse came out. It's a clone of a Liz Claiborne for JC Penney's top that I like the style of. It came out and fit exactly like I wanted. This is also the first time I've drafted and sewn a hidden button placket, thank you Patternmaking for Fashion Design. I plan on making more of these. Even though both pieces were made to be wearable muslin I see myself wearing both pieces quite often.
Next up, a jacket that I actually finished in October.
I wanted a sporty blazer and this is what I envisioned. I made this blazer using NL6610. It was pretty simple to modify and I was really happy with the finished results.
Once again I used fabric from my stash and a zipper with metal teeth. When I came across this fabric I knew it would be perfect. It has this real pretty faux basket weave effect that gives the jacket nice texture.
I lined it with some pretty polka dot satin charmeuse fabric, once again from my stash. I'm not really happy with the way I set in the lining and have every intention on fixing it. I've worn this blazer several times since I made this. This jacket will take me right into spring.
Last but not least, a plaid blouse I made over the Thanksgiving holiday using Burda 5/2007.
I made a few mods to the pattern like adding bust darts and long sleeves. This was a gaggle of first for me. The first time I've ever done a collar with collar stand and a placket sleeve. The thing I'm most proud of with this top is how well I matched up my plaids.
My next project is a self drafted blouse using my bodice pattern blocks and cloning my favorite trench coat.
Until Later, Happy Sewing!!