Thursday, April 11, 2013

Getting Ready For Summer

Sorry I've been MIA for awhile.  I'm currently in the midst of a body overhaul.  I'm in my final stretch of Insanity by Shaun T, a 60 day workout program, I only have two weeks to go. YAY  I need to get my body tight with Summer around the corner.  So far my results have been fabulous.  I've toned up and lost inches in all the place I wanted and needed to lose them and this is without a defined diet.  I don't believe in diets.  I just try to eat a balanced meal, but I haven't given up the things I like. Cough "cake"cough. lolol  I eat like a normal person is suppose to eat, everything in moderation. I did Insanity last year for about two months but never had the courage to get past Level 1. But even just doing Level 1 I saw great results, 13 lbs and a dress size.

Side Note: Funny story, last year around the time I started Insanity I was standing outside with my sister during one of our lunch time meets and as I was talking to her about how I felt about the workout who happens to walk by us.  Shaun T himself.  My sister kept saying that it was him, but I was sceptical.  So as he walks by she goes "Hi Shaun T" and he says hi back and gives her a smile.  I later learned that he comes through the Gramercy Park area a lot.  He pretty much looks the same as he does in his videos.

Then summer came and I stopped.  I hadn't reached my weight loss goal by then, but I was happy with what I'd accomplished and promised myself that I would start up again in the Fall.  Well, almost a year later I decided now was the time to reach my goal, which is a size 6.  At the start of this program I was an 8 which is now getting loose.  I don't have a weight loss number I want to achieve since I really don't pay attention to the numbers on the scale. I've seen proof from doing this workout that muscle really does weigh more than fat and that a measuring tape and the way your clothes fit will really let you know if you've accomplishing anything.  Over the past year I never gained back the weight I lost, but I did lose a lot of the muscle tone I gained which kind of made me feel a little dumpy.  This time I decided to stop being a scaredy cat and do the whole program.  With the results I've seen since I restarted, toned legs and abs, leaner frame, I've decided that I'm going to make working out a part of my lifestyle.  I have no plans on joining a gym, I really don't care for them.  I really enjoy the whole workout at home thing and I have quite a few fitness vids, pilates, sculpting, cardio, so I will just pop those in according to the kind of day I've had and create my own regimen.  I'm also looking into getting some more vids so I won't get bored, Turbo Fire looks like a lot fun.

So on the sewing front making clothes right now seems like a waste, which I learned the hard way. The Clover pants I made a year ago no longer fit after I did Insanity last year.  Actually, I never even got an opportunity to wear them outside. :(   I'm currently working on cloning my favorite trench coat.  Outerwear is pretty forgiving when it come to weight loss so I feel safe making those.  I hope to have something to show soon since the cold weather has decided to come back to NYC after a few days of beautiful weather.

Until Later, Happy Sewing!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I was too afraid to try "Insanity" I need to discipline myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first program I ever stuck with. I thought I'd give up but once I started seeing results I couldn't wait to get home a do more.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lashell, I've just nominated you for a Liebster Award because I think your blog is ace! I hope it sends some new viewers your way. Feel free to check out the post here http://sewamysew.com/2013/04/18/a-blog-award-me/

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

powered by home study courses guide.